Following your heart with Jaime
I've always been a big believer that what comes into your life is for a reason and the people you meet are never random.
Meeting Jaime at the Australian National Botanic Gardens was a reminder of this and within minutes, if felt like I'd known this girl for years! Her personality is so vibrant and energetic plus, she has this 'just show up' attitude which made our session together so much fun.
After running around the rain forest, chasing mist, dodging other people, muddy feet, we sat down for a coffee together and just talked about life. Like I said, it was so just fluid with her.
As I do with most sessions, I asked Jaime to share some more about herself with you all.
Read on to find out who this beauty really is.
1. Who are you and what do you do: I'm Jaime and I'm a lifestyle blogger. On my blog 'Lifestyle by Jaime' you can find all of my favourite beauty & fashion items as well as travel inspo and tips!
2. How did you get to the place you are at now and do you have any advice for someone starting out: I really didn't ever start out with the intention of becoming an 'influencer.' I have always loved beauty and makeup so I just started posting selfies and makeup looks on my personal Instagram page and it just started getting out of control. I hit 1,000 followers and I had people I knew coming up to me asking how I got into being a beauty blogger? It all kind of grew from there.
The biggest piece of advice I have is
'Follow your heart, do what you love and the numbers will come.'
If you aren't doing it for the love people will see right through you. And another thing... Don't let brands take advantage of you!!!! It happens far too often!
3. You've got a day off, how do you spend it: A day off? What's that? I work full time and study on top of Instagram and blogging so I don't really get days off! But if I did have a day off I would probably sleep in, enjoy a nice healthy brunch and spend the afternoon outdoors. Unless it's been a really tough week then I will likely just spend the day on the couch watching Netflix!
4. Your life motto / motivation / inspiration:
'It's never about luck, it's always about hard work'
I think it's important to remember that you only see what people want you to see. You see their successes online and think 'WOW they are so lucky' but they didn't show you the 100 times they failed previously! You have to put in the hard work if you want to succeed. That goes for anything in life!
5. What does a typical day look like for you: Coffee before anything (I am not a morning person) catch up on a bit of Instagram before I spend the day at work. After work I will generally go to the gym before I spend a few hours studying, then I spend an hour or so with Mitchell before bed. Busy always, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
6. What would you tell your younger self:
'Don't put so much pressure on yourself'
I actually still have to tell myself this constantly. I am starting to realise that I don't need to be perfect all the time at everything I do!
7. What sets you apart from others in your field:
I'm me, and people will either love me or hate me but no-one can ever be me!
8. Best advice you have ever received: If it won't matter in 5 years, don't spend more than 5 minutes worrying about it!
9. Do you believe in community over competition? Yes 100%! What's the point of being at the top and achieving amazing things if you have no-one to share it with? Support your friends and their achievements. You will get further in life by connecting and collaborating than you ever will doing it on your own!